[Wien] Total energy

Gregory Pomrehn gpomrehn at caltech.edu
Thu Jan 26 22:24:41 CET 2012

The optimization is basically a series of SCF calculations from which you
can determine the lowest energy atomic configuration and/or lattice
parameters.  For each SCF calculation you can get the total energy from the
respective .scf file.  A plot of energy vs volume will yield a convex curve
from which you can find the lowest energy volume.

In analysis in w2web you can choose either the current case.scf file or a
series of saved scf files like case_vol*.scf

Greg