[Wien] negative grr values in mBJ calculation causing lapw0 to fail

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Jul 11 09:22:09 CEST 2012

In principle, GRR should not be negative because it is the average of
|∇ρ|/ρ (note that it's the norm) in the unit cell volume.
In output0_grr, there is
for the PLANE WAVE CONTRIBUTION, which means that the problem comes from
the interstitial region. I would guess that this comes from some numerical
instabilities.

Such problems car arise close to the nucleus of very atoms or in regions
of space with low electron density. Is it the case in your system?
For the moment, I can not say much more.

F. Tran