[Wien] Plz help to distinguish the up/dn spin bands when SOC is included

Madhav Ghimire ghimire.mpg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 05:01:04 CEST 2012

Dear wien developer and users

I intend to plot the band structure of Sr2IrO4 with inclusion of *spin-orbit
coupling*. In the DOS plot we can observe/plot separate plots and their
nature in both the spin-up and spin down with SOC. But when we come to Band
structure plot through web interface and run  the following commands as
instructed in userguide: x lapw1 -band -up -orb , x lapw1 -band -dn -orb , *x
lapwso -up -orb *, x lapw2 -band -qtl -up, x spaghetti -up , I am able to
get a single band structure. But, I could not distinguish the spin-up and
spin-down bands separately.

Could anyone help to get rid of this problem
I will remain very thankful to you all
Thanks in advance
M. P. Ghimire