[Wien] Ghost bands error in SrTiO3 calculation at high RKmax

Ye Zhu ye.zhu at monash.edu
Thu Jun 14 05:44:19 CEST 2012

Thanks, Dr. Marks. I will try -in1ef. The default case.in1 does use APW for
all orbitals, and
works for my calculation. But just from the manual only the valence d and
f-orbitals are recommended to use APW (obsolete now?). The following is the
default case.in1:
WFFIL  EF=.42168   (WFFIL, WFPRI, ENFIL, SUPWF)
  9.00       10    4 (R-MT*K-MAX; MAX L IN WF, V-NMT
  0.30    4  0      (GLOBAL E-PARAMETER WITH n OTHER CHOICES, global
APW/LAPW)
 0    0.30      0.000 CONT 1
 0   -2.70      0.001 STOP 1
 1   -1.35      0.002 CONT 1
 1    0.30      0.000 CONT 1
  0.30    5  0      (GLOBAL E-PARAMETER WITH n OTHER CHOICES, global
APW/LAPW)
 0    0.30      0.000 CONT 1
 0   -4.30      0.001 STOP 1
 1   -2.54      0.002 CONT 1
 1    0.30      0.000 CONT 1
 2    0.30      0.005 CONT 1
  0.30    3  0      (GLOBAL E-PARAMETER WITH n OTHER CHOICES, global
APW/LAPW)
 0   -1.46      0.002 CONT 1
 0    0.30      0.000 CONT 1
 1    0.30      0.000 CONT 1
K-VECTORS FROM UNIT:4   -9.0       2.5    42   emin/emax/nband #red

For RMT, I use 2.6 for Sr, 1.95 for Ti and 1.75 for O.

Thanks again.