[Wien] [SPAM?] unit in output spectra of TELNES3

ZhenChen zchen at blem.ac.cn
Wed Mar 14 05:09:00 CET 2012

Dear wien2k users,
    I'm interested in the absolute value of the cross section of the scattered atom, so using TELNES3, I calculate the energy dependent ELNES,
such as O_K edge for only one equivalent O atom in the unit cell. If I integrate the calculated spectra, I will get the total cross
section within an energy window.
So my question is :
  What is the unit of spectra values in case.broadspec? Is it a.u.^2/eV? As I saw the comment in the source code (modula.F) that "we work in atomic units".
By the way, for the averaged spectrum, is the final (single) differential cross section divided by 4*pi or not (that is,scattered events per solid angle or the whole solid angle?)?
  Any response will be appreciated!

Best regards,
Zhen Chen
2012-05-13

    PhD. candidate  Zhen Chen
Prof. Jianqi Li's group, A06
Beijing Laboratory of Electron Microscopy
Institute of Physics
Chinese Academy of Sciences
P. O. Box 603
Beijing 100190, China