[Wien] "Hex2rhomb" produce wrong positions

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Sun May 13 08:51:59 CEST 2012

There is nothing wrong. You must study a bit the rhombohedral space
groups and their R and H settings.

The hexagonal setting is 3 times as large as the R (primitive) setting,
thus a cell with 3 atoms in H setting reduces to a cell with only 1 atom
in the R setting.

This means  that the H-pos (1/3,2/3) positions are the same as the
(0,0,0) position.

It is a bit similar to a fcc-cubic cell, where (1/2,1/2,0) is also the
same as (0,0,0)

--
Peter Blaha
Inst.Materials Chemistry