[Wien] problem in wien2k installation

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat May 26 11:15:57 CEST 2012

When you do in a terminal:

ldd $WIENROOT/lapw0

With the error, it is expected to return a list with:

libmkl_intel_lp64.so => not found

This would be unusual, since the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set and the
libmkl_intel_lp64.so exists as you previously reported.

What I can suggest is to try the following in a terminal.

cd /etc/ld.so.conf.d

Create your own conf file (such as wien2k.conf) in that directory
containing the mkl library path
(/opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.9.293/mkl/lib/intel64) with your
preferred text editor.

For example:
--------------------------
sudo vi wien2k.conf  (run 'vi' text editor in terminal)
i (press key to insert text)
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.9.293/mkl/lib/intel64 (type text in file
wien2k.conf)
ESC (press key to return to command mode)
:wq (type vi command for save and quit)
Enter (press key)

Load the conf file:

sudo ldconfig

Then, check if the error is gone and "ldd $WIENROOT/lapw0" should return
in the list

libmkl_intel_lp64.so =>
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.9.293/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_intel_lp64.so

If this removes the error, it is likely due to the #366728
LD_LIBRARY_PATH bug mentioned in the Ubuntu Wiki:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EnvironmentVariables