[Wien] Is the Non-collinear magnetic (NCM) version of WIEN2k limited to a maximum number of atoms?

Robert Laskowski rolask at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Oct 3 21:12:44 CEST 2012

Hi,
due to i2 formats used in several files wienncm supports only up to 99
inequivalent atoms.

regards

Robert Laskowski

On Wednesday, October 03, 2012 14:16:19 Jerry Bettis wrote:

Hi,
   I successfully ran a NCM WIEN2k calculation of a unit cell containing 28
atoms. Now I wish to run a super cell NCM WIEN2k calculation with 112 atoms.
My procedure for obtaining initialization files for the super cell calculation
are identical to that of the unit cell calculation. However, I receive the
following error when executing 'xncm ncmsymmetry' :

forrtl: severe (64): input conversion error, unit 20, file /XXXX.struct
Image                    PC             Routine                 Line
 Source
ncmsymmetry        0829C0E4   Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

I am assuming this error is due to a limit on the number of atoms the NCM
WIEN2k package can calculate.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Jerry L. Bettis, Jr.
PhD Candidate

“Somewhere, out beyond all ideas of right and wrong-doing there is a field -
I’ll meet you there” - Rumi

--
Dr Robert Laskowski
Vienna University of Technology,  Institute of Materials Chemistry,