[Wien] looking for a collaboration about Yb valency

Madhav Ghimire ghimire.mpg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 02:22:20 CEST 2012

Hi,
   It sounds interesting.
Rather me and my group are working on lanthanide based single, doubled and
trilayered perovskites at the moment using functionals like LDA, GGA,
LDA/GGA+U, Hybrid-functional etc. For the purpose we are using wien2k and
FPLO code.
Couples of paper are published on rare-earth based compounds among which
one of it recently on lanthanides series is "Ground state electronic and
magnetic properties of RCrSb3 (R= La, Ce, Nd, Gd, Dy): A first principles
study" which can be found on http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.physb.2011.02.043.
If you require the papers I can send it.
Relating with vanadate and other series of lanthanides, I also have a
running project in hand.
I am quite interested to collaborate with an experimentalist working on
lanthanides and actinides based systems.

Best regards
Madhav P. Ghimire
MANA, National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS)
1-1 Namiki, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan