[Wien] need clarification on changes in spin magnetic moment in cell after SCF run

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Aug 16 09:32:23 CEST 2013

If the total magnetic moment appears/disappears during geometry
optimization, it means that you are close to a non-magnetic/magnetic
phase transition.

It can happen that a functional does not give the correct magnetic
phase.

The sign of :MMTOT has no physical meaning. What is important
is to compare the signs of the magnetic moments in the spheres
(:MMI00).

F. Tran