[Wien] Fwd: need clarification on changes in spin magnetic moment in cell after SCF run

venkatesh chandragiri venkyphysicsiitm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 09:24:37 CEST 2013

Dear sir ,

I have done the non spin polarized calculations and compared the total
energy value with the spin polarized case.

Non spin polarized case:

Fe2VA94Si06_NM_SCF.scf::ENE  : ********** TOTAL ENERGY IN Ry =
-119704.65438816

Spin polarized case:

Fe2VA94Si06_SP_SCF.scf::ENE  : ********** TOTAL ENERGY IN Ry =
-119704.65580990

So, what one can infer from the almost similar values of energy in
both spin polarized
and Non spin polarized case....?

Looking forward to your comments

regards,