[Wien] Fwd: need clarification on changes in spin magnetic moment in cell after SCF run

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Aug 26 09:30:28 CEST 2013

Again, have you checked the convergence of these numbers ???

run_lapw  and runsp_lapw  alone is NOT enough ! You have to specify
tight -ec -cc parameters.   And k-mesh, RKmax ... ?

Structure optimization ?  -fc 1.0 ; check forces and relaxe the atoms
around Si.

If everything is converged, maybe you found a magnetic impurity (Si) ??
Plot the spin-density and look where it is ...