[Wien] temperature influence on EFGs calculations

Rocquefelte xavier.rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Wed Jul 17 11:01:29 CEST 2013

OK. Now I better understand your question.
Indeed the magnetic ordering is playing an essential role in the
temperature dependence of Mossbauer parameters.

Switching to  TEMP with a fixed value will not help you in the present
case, because you must consider the temperature effect by calculating
the Mossbauer parameters for the antiferromagnetic low temperature
magnetic order and the paramagnetic room temperature one. However, we
cannot do a calculation for a paramagnetic order (which is dynamic).

Some years ago we had a similar problem for the modelling of the
temperature effect of optical and magnetic properties of CuO. It was not
so different to your problem except that the Neel temperature is
significantly higher (TN = 230 K). We were able to reproduce the
evolution of the electric field gradient (deduced from NMR exp.) by
considering "snapshots" of the magnetic phases of CuO in which magnetic
disorder were created. Our strategy was thus to neglect the dynamical
effects of the temperature and to consider only the progressive growth
of magnetic disorder in CuO. It was a very efficient approximation which
were able to reproduce not only the temperature effect on the magnetic
and EFG data, but also the optical properties.

Here is the reference of this paper. I hope it can help you.

http://iopscience.iop.org/0953-8984/22/4/045502/

Best Regards

Xavier
P.S.: If you need I can send you a PDF copy of the paper.