[Wien] Confusion in Selecting proper value of Hubbard potential.

Zaid raheskoon at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 08:03:42 CEST 2013

Dear Sir,

you are right. Experimental band gap for my compound is 2.0eV. The maximum
band gap on increasing U value for my calculation is 1.117eV at 10 eV. So,
should I increase U value beyond 10eV ? Untill now from my literature
review, the value of U is less than 10 eV.
Secondly, if suppose a compound has not been studied experimentally then
how we choose calue of U ?

Thank you
Zaid