[Wien] Question about criteria for adding intraband contribution in optical property calculation

shamik chakrabarti shamikphy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 04:25:19 CEST 2013

Dear Wien2k users,

       I have a basic question regarding calculation of optical properties
of a semiconducting material. My question is:

When we should add contribution of intraband transition to the calculation
of dielectric tensor?...i.e. if there is any thumb rule that for certain
cases (non metal) we can neglect intraband transitions or is it always
necessary to add it??

Any response in this regard will be very helpful for us.

with regards,

--
Shamik Chakrabarti
Senior Research Fellow