[Wien] Wien2k 13 installation without FFTW3

michel at if.usp.br michel at if.usp.br
Fri Jun 28 16:10:14 CEST 2013

Dear Wien2k users,

I installed wien2k 13 in my machine and I noted that now, when we
configure the parallel instalation, the siteconfig script asks for
what FFTW we have installed. I have just FFTW2, so this is the one I
chose. The instalation was sucessfull, without errors. Then I tested
the instalation and I got an error message at mixer, saying that it
could not find the fftw3 libraries. I thought it was strange, since I
wanted to install using FFTW2. I looked at the Makefile for Mixer and
at the compiler options was -DFFTW3 and at the libraries -lfftw3. So I
changed -DFFTW3 to -DFFTW2 and -lfftw3 to -lfftw and compiled again.
This time the calculation was sucessfull. So I tried to minimize the
internal forces at the structure and this time I got the same error
message at the Pairhess program. Again I looked at the Makefile and it
was using FFTW3 instead of FFTW2. I did the same modification and the
program run sucessfully. Now, I have two questions:

1) Can I change the Makefile at these programs so that they use FFTW2
or do they need FFTW3?

2) Are there any other programs in which I have to change the Makefile
manually, so that they use FFTW2 instead of FFTW3?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards,

Michel Lacerda