[Wien] survey results

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 28 18:13:47 CEST 2013

The answer is simple: it is a  bug.

As listed on the faq page  http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/faq/rkmax.html
the necessary RKmax for Al and O are both 6.5.
Therefore the spheres should be "equal".

These RKmax estimates come from total energy tests of an atom in a
simple box.

For Al, however, the convergence depends a lot on the semicore-treatment
and at first I had obtained a RKmax=4.5 for Al, but later on it was
updated to 6.5.
Unfortunately, setrmt has the Al in both, the 4.5 and 6.5 section and
thus uses "4.5", which will then make the Al sphere smaller than O.

# Li, Al, Si
sub rkm4_5 {
     if ( $a == 3 || $a == 13 || $a == 14 )  {
	return 1;

Removing a == 13 from the above, should fix the problem.

I'll update the sources.