[Wien] IBM AIX error

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Mar 20 09:07:25 CET 2013

Unfortunately I do not have access to an AIX system, so cannot do
anything myself.

> I recently compiled 12.1 on AIX (v 6.1) pwr6. Like Luis, I also had to
> make some changes to SRC's in order to finish the compilation. These
> were mostly issues with xlf like syntax. 9.2 was the most recent version
> before this.

If these changes are different from those already mentioned on the
mailing list (for gfortran; like comparing two logical variables with
.eq.; ...), I'm always interested to know about them and if these
changes are because of violations of the f90 standard (accepted  by
ifort), I'll put them into the next release of WIEN2k.

> STOP  LAPW2 END
> syntax error on line 1 stdin

You should try to find out what causes this message.

x lapw2 -up

does it also occur ? Then the problem is most likely in  x_lapw,
otherwise in runsp_lapw

mixer: since mixer is not time-critical, I'd remove the essl, but link
only with a "standard-lapack" from the web (or with -llapack_lapw from
SRC_lib (not 100% sure, all required routines are in there, since this
library contains only a subset of Lapack).