[Wien] IBM AIX error

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Mar 20 20:58:11 CET 2013

Did you run from a fresh initialization or use the old files? It could
be that something went wrong before so perhaps everything is OK.

Is the file uplapw2.error empty? If it is then it is something after
that in lapw2para. You can edit the first line to be
#!/bin/csh -vf

(assuming that your csh is standard) and then do x lapw2 -up. You will
get a mess of output but the bottom will give you an idea where it is
failing. (You might want to do something like "x lapw2 -up >> junk"
and then look at the file junk, and/or a different piping of the
output which will depend upon what shell you are using.)