[Wien] Projection of Wavefunctions on bessel plane

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Mar 21 10:09:11 CET 2013

In wien2k this is very simple.  You plot bandstructures with "fat bands"
and use the partial charges (qtl) to find out the character of each band
(state).

Once you found in interesting looking state you can look directly in the
partial charges of this state (case.qtl file).

A surface state is a state which has its charge predominantly at the
surface-layer atoms and contributions from subsurface layers decay
rapidly.  (A bulk state will have contributions from "bulk-like" atoms,
often with oscillatory behavior as this corresponds to a certain
k-perpendicular state.