[Wien] MPI run problem

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Sat May 11 22:46:53 CEST 2013

The addition of the signal trapping in Wien2k (W2kinit in lapw[0-2].F
and others) has a plus, and a minus. The pluses are that the weekly
emails on the list about ulimit associated crashes, and also (perhaps
not so obvious) that mpi tasks die more gracefully. Unfortunately it
also can make knowing what is wrong with an mpi job less than clear.

I suggest (and others should do the same as needed) that you comment
out the "call W2kinit" in lapw1, recompile just lapw1 then try again
-- hopefully you will get a more human understandable message.
IMPORTANT: check hansen-b004 to ensure that you do not have any zombie
processes still running; depending upon what version of ssh you are
running you may have them hanging around.

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 3:31 PM, alonofrio at comcast.net