[Wien] Problem with qtl program in wien2k-13

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 29 10:21:34 CET 2013

Most likely the problems come from using   SCRATCH   and/or  a queuing
system, but also some inconsistent definitions of SCRATCH or number of
cores could cause the problem ???

In general, so far it is not easy to run programs like   qtl (or x lapw2
-qtl) in a new job, after the scf cycle has been finished in a previous job.

Quite commonly, you will use different nodes in the new job and often
even the SCRATCH directory might be different, so that the vector-files
are not available anymore. In addition, the qtl program uses .processes
generated from the last lapw1 call and the nodes may be completely
different from the present ones.

Thus at present I'd recommend to rerun
x lapw1 -p
x lapw2 -p -fermi
x qtl -p

In the next release it should be possible to circumvent this problem using:

x lapw1 -p -d     (which will setup the necessary control files for the
new host-list, without running the actual "long" lapw1 step)