[Wien] All calculations are stopped due to stop error

venkatesh chandragiri venkyphysicsiitm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 14:19:12 CEST 2013

Dear sir,

I am using departmental server computer system where many number of
calculations due to other programmes are going on in daily. In this, i am
also doing calculations using Wien2k. It is a serial processing system and
i started 5 calculations using different folders (different sessions).
Suddenly, my all calculations are  stopped in the middle after running few
scf cycles and saying that "Stop error" in <show day file>. In "up/dn
lapw1" error files, it is showing error in LAPW1 (does not giving any extra
information why it got stopped).

Is this error has any relation with storage capacity and memory usage of
the computer..? Because, i have seen that the calculations placed by others
have taken all 100 % CPU memory while running.

I have gone through the wien2k mailing list fairly but i have not seen any
discussion about this type of error. Kindly, help me to guess the error and
the possible solution.

thanking you and looking forward to your answer.

regards,

Ch. Venkatesh,
C/o. Prof. V. Srinivas,
Department of Physics & Meteorology,