[Wien] All calculations are stopped due to stop error

Oleg Rubel orubel at lakeheadu.ca
Tue Sep 17 14:54:38 CEST 2013

The fact that _all_ your jobs terminated at the same time indicates that
the reason is likely outside of Wien2k. I will describe how would I
approach this problem.

The error file is not always informative. It is created for each
executable when starting and is cleaned up upon its successful
completion. While a program is running (for instance lapw1) the
corresponding error file is not empty, it says 'Error in LAPW1'. When
you terminate the job, say by 'kill -9' command, the error file will
still point to LAPW1.

In order to find traces of the error, I usually execute 'ls -ltr' in the
case directory. This command sorts the files according their
modification date. The files at the bottom of the list (last modified)
most likely contain some error messages.

I hope this will help
Oleg