[Wien] Charged cell

Kamil Klier kk04 at Lehigh.EDU
Mon Sep 23 02:54:45 CEST 2013

Dear Prof. Blaha,

In your below cited reply to a Wien2k user's question about mBJ in
charged cells, you indicated no problem as exemplified on Al in Si
supercell.

Would you be able to recall how the cell was charged? Removing one
electron in case.in2 and compensating by background charge -1.0 in
case.inm, or the other way round: adding one electron in case.in2 and
compensating by +1.0 in case.inm?

Thanks ahead,

Kamil Klier

Peter Blaha Fri, 15 Apr 2011 13:33:30 +0200

I cannot verify your problem.

I've created a small Si supercell with one Al atom and charged it.

mBJ runs smoothly also for charged cells, there is (to my knowledge) no
limitation..