[Wien] SCF convergence

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Sep 25 16:42:12 CEST 2013

It is unlikely that anyone will be able to help without the
case.struct file (as a minimum). I suspect that you have something
wrong with the structure, for instance inappropriate symmetry,
distances, or similar. As a basic point, it is best to use the
defaults unless you have a good reason (one is the # k-points with
larger cells), so GMAX 20 & RKMAX 9.0 are probably not appropriate as
well as Emax 5 as you do not have -so.

A simple thing to do is "x patchsymm" and see what that tells you, it
picks up many errors.

Also, you a viewer to look at your structure to see if it is sensible.

Switching from MSR1 to PRATT won't help, and will almost certainly
make things worse.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University