[Wien] leaking core charge and ‘.lcore’

Elias Assmann elias.assmann at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 18:01:47 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am working on a structure containing Osmium.  In init, I got a warning
that Os 5s core charge (about 1%) leaked out of the sphere (RMT=2.08 set
by setrmt).

I increased the Os RMT to 2.5 manually, decreasing the RMT of its O
neighbor to 1.3.  Then there were no warnings in lstart, but the
calculation crashed after a couple of iterations with QTL-B / “semicore
band-ranges too large” errors.  (The errors were about Os.)

So I tried instead to run the calculation with the original RMTs and the
‘.lcore’ file created by init.  This way, the SCF converged without any
errors or warnings; ‘lcore’ and ‘dstart -lcore’ were executed at every
step.  The band structure looks reasonable as well.

What does this lcore stuff imply for my calculation?  Should I consider
the results suspect?

Thanks,

	Elias

--