[Wien] mBJ gap GaAs

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 15 08:51:44 CEST 2014

Hi,

yes, 1.63 eV is the value that you should obtained with mBJ. This value is
in much better agreement with experiment than LDA or PBE, but you should
not expect perfect agreement with experiment. However, by varying
manually the value of c [Eq. (3) of PRL 102, 226401 (2009)] you can get
more or less any value of the band gap that you want (an increase of
c leads to an increase of the band gap). For this, you have
to specify yourself the values of alpha, beta and e in case.in0abp
(c=alpha and choose 0 and 1 for beta and e, respectively).
You can find some explanations at the very end of Sec. 4.5.9 in the user's
guide.

F. Tran