[Wien] Registration is now open for the ICAMM conference and 21st WIEN2K workshop (July 2-9, 2104)

Florent Boucher Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr
Wed Feb 12 18:35:14 CET 2014

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for both ICAMM-2014 and
the 21st WIEN2k training workshop

The third edition of the ICAMM conference (International Conference on Advanced
Materials Modelling) will be held at the "Institut des Matériaux Jean Rouxel"
(IMN), Nantes, France, from Monday, July 7th to Wednesday, July 9th, 2014.
In connection to this event, the 21st WIEN2k workshop will be held from
Wednesday, July 2nd to Saturday, July 5th, 2014.
We strongly encourage workshop attendees to participate to both events as a
significant discount is offered on the registration fees and a social activity
is proposed on Sunday, July 6th.
The ICAMM-2014 conference will covers a full range of codes and approaches and
is not limited to WIEN2k users.

*Full details are on the website: **http://www.cnrs-imn.fr/ICAMM2014/***

The deadline for abstract submission and applications for a student/postdoc
bursary is March 16th.

Florent Boucher, Chris Ewels, and Xavier Rocquefelte
On behalf of the ICAMM organizing committee

>             Important dates
>
>   * *March 16, 2014*: Abstract submission deadline for ICAMM 2014 conference,
>     student bursary application deadline.
>   * *April 16, 2014*: Notification to the authors of the acceptance and mode
>     of presentation of their communications for ICAMM 2014 conference.
>   * *May 18, 2014*: Early fee registration deadline, abstract submission
>     deadline for posters.
>   * *June 15, 2014*: *Registration deadline*.
>

>             ICAMM-2014 Invited speakers
>
> *Prof. Sharon Ashbrook*, University of St Andrews, UK
> /Development of new methods in solid-state NMR, first-principles calculations
> of NMR parameters in the solid state/
> *Prof. Bertram Batlogg*, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
> /Creating and understanding materials and their novel physical phenomena (high
> temperature superconductors, quantum magnets, oxide superconductors, heavy
> fermion compounds, mixed-valence compounds...)/
> *Dr. Elena Bichoutskaia*, University of Nottingham, UK
> /Theoretical and Computational Chemistry (carbon nanomaterials, van der Waals
> forces, gas storage...)/
> *Prof. Régis Gautier*, Institut des Sciences Chimiques de Rennes, ENSCR,
> Rennes, France
> /Bonding and structure-properties relationships, solid-state NMR parameters/
> *Prof. Frank de Groot*, Utrecht University, Netherlands
> /Synchrotron and Theoretical Spectroscopy of Catalytic Nanomaterials/
> *Dr. Anubhav Jain*, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, USA
> /The Materials Project: A Public Materials Database/
> *Prof. Steven G. Louie*, University of California at Berkeley, USA
> /Theoretical condensed matter physics and nanoscience (quasiparticle and
> optical excitations, reduced-dimensional systems, superconductivity; ab initio
> pseudopotential theory; topological insulators...)/
> *Dr. Lucia Reining*, École Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France
> /Many-body theory and first principles calculations of electronic excitations
> and spectroscopy (ETSF)/
> *Dr. Oleg Rubel*, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Canada
> /Berry phase in WIEN2k, piezoelectrics for therapeutic ultrasound,
> optoelectronics.../
> *Prof. Gotthard Seifert*, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
> /Quantum Chemistry, Cluster Physics & Chemistry and Computational Materials
> Research/

| Florent BOUCHER                    |                                    |
| Institut des Matériaux Jean Rouxel |Mailto:Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr  |
| 2, rue de la Houssinière           | Phone: (33) 2 40 37 39 24          |
| BP 32229                           | Fax:   (33) 2 40 37 39 95          |
| 44322 NANTES CEDEX 3 (FRANCE)      |http://www.cnrs-imn.fr              |