[Wien] Electronic Structure of CoP3

Osama Yassin oyassin63 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 06:13:56 CET 2014

Dear Khan

I faced a similar problem when working on CoSb2, and could solve the
problem by following the instructions given by P. Blaha in an earlier mail.
Just do non-shifted k-mesh scf. Read the comment given below (highlighted
by red colour)..

Osama
with a shifted k-mesh and the gap is at gamma, the reported gap in the
scf-file (or the DOS) is NOT ok. (How should it know that the gap at gamma
is smaller, when gamma is not calculated ??)

*You can get a "correct" gap using an unshifted (but denser) k-mesh, or you
read the* gap value from the band structure.