[Wien] Problem with qtl program in wien2k-13

Elias Assmann elias.assmann at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 11:55:21 CET 2014

Hi List,

I am resurrecting this discussion because I think I can confirm the
error reported by Bambang, and it is not because of $SCRATCH problems or
similar.

In qtlmain.f, VECFN is declared as

       CHARACTER*80     VECFN
       COMMON /PROC/    VECFN(2)

I am not sure what the COMMON declaration (with “(2)”) does in this
case, but anyway, on line 108, VECFN(is) is passed as OLDNAM to MKNAM(),
which expects a CHARACTER*180.  After this call, FNAME contains
something like “./Si.vector
                         ./Si.vectordn” instead of just “./Si.vector”,
and the OPEN() on line 112 fails.  The problem does not show up in
qtl.error because FNAME is only printed as “A50”.

This problem can be fixed for instance by changing the argument
declaration of MKNAM() to

       CHARACTER(len=*), intent(out) :: FNAME
       CHARACTER(len=*), intent(in)  :: OLDNAM

But then l2main.f also has

       COMMON /PROC/    VECFN(2)

but a different length

       CHARACTER *180    VECFN,FNAME,qtlfn

which leads to a similar problem (line 141 of that file).  If I also
make the lengths of VECFN consistent, everything seems to work.

Another thing I noticed is that qtlpara has

set exe = $bin/qtl
set exe = qtl

such that it will execute the ‘qtl’ it finds in $PATH rather than the
one in its directory, contrary to the behavior of ‘x’.

Best,

	Elias