[Wien] Convergence problem

Oleg Rubel orubel at lakeheadu.ca
Mon Jan 13 17:43:53 CET 2014

In case your host is an insulator, alloying may turn it into a metal
(depending in details). Then the convergence on a coarse k-mesh will
be bad. As a work around, you can try to add temperature smearing
(TEMP option in case.in2) with the value of 0.003 Ry. The obtained
total energy should be taken with caution, especially when comparing
to another case without smearing.

Oleg