[Wien] Effect of a finite nucleus on electron density at the nucleus

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 17 16:14:00 CET 2014

For hyperfine fields we follow Bluegels work and average the spin
density as mentioned below.

However, I'm not aware about a similar argument for isomer shifts (and
I'm not familiar with electron capture).
Clearly, for isomer shifts it might be that the problem is fixed by
taking an appropriate alpha when converting into mm/s.

In any case, the potential due to a finite nucleus would add another
dimension.