[Wien] Help on AFM Structure

Rocquefelte xavier.rocquefelte at cnrs-imn.fr
Mon Jan 20 07:01:40 CET 2014

Your question is not anymore a WIEN-list issue.
Indeed, it corresponds to the way to investigate magnetic properties.
Many strategies exist. One strategy, for instance, consist in estimating
the magnetic interactions (J values) bases on a mapping analysis.
Such mapping analysis requires to consider many magnetic orders (FM and
AFM).

In your case, what should you do? It is a matter of research direction
and I feel that this is not the purpose of the wien-list to define your
own project.
 From the userguide and all the available documents on the WIEN2k
website, you can now generate different magnetic structures.
Do it... and compare them in terms of total energy. Are you expecting
that the wien-list will generate the inst files for you?
It is definitely not the best way to learn.

One remaining question could be the following: which magnetic order
should you generate?
There are two main approaches:

- a mathematical one ... you generate all possible combinations ... i.e.
a lot ... and you will find the more stable one
- a chemist one ... look at the atomic structure ... what will be the
largest super-exchange from the Kanamori-Goodenough rules?

Finally, don't forget that you will need a good k-mesh and a good
accuracy to have a proper energy comparison between all the models.

Cheers

Xavier