[Wien] Need your attention please

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Thu Jan 30 15:30:08 CET 2014

There is nothing wrong so long as this is only a few percent although this
is a bit unusual. Normally PBE gives lattice constants too large, LDA too
small with PBEsol & WC closer to experiment. I myself do not consider
agreement between expt & calculated lattice constants (within a few
percent) to be a very useful test of functionals despite what is in the
literature.

Laurence Marks
Dept Mat Sci & Eng
Northwestern University