[Wien] Need your attention please

kalsoom Khan kkkhan.queen at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 15:45:22 CET 2014

Thank sir Laurence Marks
For your kind reply.
with best regards
kalsoom

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:38 PM, Laurence Marks <L-marks at northwestern.edu> wrote:

There is nothing wrong so long as this is only a few percent although this is a bit unusual. Normally PBE gives lattice constants too large, LDA too small with PBEsol & WC closer to experiment. I myself do not consider agreement between expt & calculated lattice constants (within a few percent) to be a very useful test of functionals despite what is in the literature.
Laurence Marks
Dept Mat Sci & Eng
Northwestern University
www.numis.northwestern.edu