[Wien] Xcrygen compilation

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Wed Jul 16 22:04:11 UTC 2014

Can you tell us what kind of systems this happens on and what the errors
are?  The information might be helpful to others.

I had xcrysden-1.5.53-linux_x86_64-semishared.tar.gz installed on a
ubuntu 64 bit 14.04 LTS system.  I just downloaded
xcrysden-1.5.60-linux_x86_64-semishared.tar.gz from the xcrysden
website, extracted it with "tar xvf
xcrysden-1.5.60-linux_x86_64-semishared.tar.gz", removed the xcrysden
block in .bashrc for 1.5.53, ran xcConfigure.sh in the bin folder of the
xcrysden installation to create a new xcrysden block for 1.5.60 in
.bashrc, reloaded the new .bashrc settings (by closing terminal and
opening a new one), and finally I ran xcrysden.  It opens fine without
any errors, but maybe I have to do other things to encounter the
problems that you refer to.