[Wien] Band structure with SO

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 13 09:58:50 CEST 2014

Look at the sequence of programs in case.dayfile (or in :log).
When calculating a spin-polarized bandstructure with so you have to keep
the sequence of the lapw1/lapwso steps:

x lapw1 -band -up   # without -orb, this will be added in the so step
x lapw1 -band -dn

x lapwso -up -orb   # here one adds -orb (but you don't need -band)

x spaghetti -up -so   # and note: the bands show both, spin-up AND dn

delamora <delamora at unam.mx> wrote:

I am trying to calculate the band structure of a magnetic system and I
having trouble, so I used Ni for a simple system.
I calculate Ni with spin-orbit coupling and Hubbard U:

runsp -so -orb

then I calculate the band structure:

x lapw1 -band -up -orb
x spaghetti -up

then I get a band structure, that is, it is formed by

Ni.klist_band

but if I follow the WIEN2k interface and I put 'so':

x spaghetti -up -so

then the band structure is formed by

Ni.klist

and not by

Ni.klist_band

I suppose that 'x spaghetti' does not need the 'so' option, but it is
included in the interface so I am confused.