[Wien] Formula to calculate Lattice Constant and angle of BiFeO3

delamora delamora at unam.mx
Mon Jun 23 17:30:20 CEST 2014

Yes, in the WIEN2k you find a, b and c optimization all set for you, but ti include the angles the number of structures would increase exponentially;

1 dimension    n

2 dimensions    n**2

3 dimensions    n**3

4 dimensions    n**4

5 dimensions    n**5

6 dimensions    n**6

4**6=4096

So you must do each optimization separately

First you optimize a, b, c

then you vary alpha and optimize, then beta and finally gamma

then you return to the beginning;

optimize a, b and c

until the changes in the cell parameters change little.