[Wien] Question regarding volume expansion-contraction after extraction of Li ions

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Mar 10 07:46:37 CET 2014

The options "optimize vol, c/a or b/a" are "special" options for certain
properties, but for sure a sequential optimization along these lines
does NOT give the minimum a,b,c.

In your case it seems you should use option [6], vary a,b,c.

Furthermore: it is vital, that you optimize internal coordinates (MSR1a
or min_lapw) for each of these steps (modify the resulting script).

When you are talking about Fe2+,3+; you have to think whether GGA+U is
necessary ??