[Wien] Reg: Fixed spin moment calculations

Peram sreenivasa reddy peramsreenivas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 08:55:51 CEST 2014

Dear Peter Blaha Sir,

Thank you very much for your replay.

For my system there is no experimental or theoretical proof as it is a
magnet. But in my calculations i got minimum energy in magnetic case with
magnetic moment 1.95 bohr magneton.

I want to confirm that this magnetic moment is correct or not. For that i
am using the fsm calculations.

I followed the step 2 procedure and i got the results like as bellow.

Magnetic moment (bohr magneton)   Energy (Ry)
0.0    -16590.18461593
0.5    -16590.18612148
1.0    -16590.18900235
1.5    -16590.19082779
1.9    -16590.19142097
1.95    -16590.19142434
2.0    -16590.19141282
2.05    -16590.19138454
2.10    -16590.19133936
2.5    -16590.19027153
3.0    -16590.18587074
3.5    -16590.17627193
4.0    -16590.16408747

this shows with 1.95 magnetic moment i got minimum energy -16590.19142434
Ry.

In my normal scf calculations with "runsp_lapw -ec 0.000001" command i got
minimum energy -16590.19143942 Ry.

Is this correct?

Please give me suggestions. Is there any another procedure?. If it is
please suggest me.

If i have to add a total energy in M=0. How to add it?.

Thank you very much.