[Wien] Formula in the procedure

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Tue May 27 10:42:24 CEST 2014

Dear 刘敏

You do not say anything about which nucleus you want to calculate the
hyperfine field of (Protons, light element, Rare Earth?), in what
material it sits (insulator, metal, para-, dia-, ferro-... magnetic?),
and how the experimental values you compare with were determined.

Looking at the factor of 10 my first guess with your first question
would be, however, that the error is somewhere in the conversion between
magnetic units: 1 T = 10 kOe, the magnetic permeability of the vacuum is
4*pi/10 *10**-6 (m kg C**-2) in SI units (for the T). There are factors
10 (or 10**4) in abundance there to miss. Consult your favorit textbook
on magnetism, or C.P. Slichter: Principles of Magnetic Resonance.

As for your second question, I am not a code developer and should
probably leave this to them. I neither know where in the code the 524.3
appears, nor where you get your value of 520.3 from? In any case the
formula for the Fermi-contact field you wrote down contains an AVERAGE
magnetic moment. How this average has to be calculated (and to my
knowledge that is how its implemented in Wien2k) is explained in the
Phys. Rev. B of Bluegel et. al cited in the UG in that context. Possibly
your differing prefactor has its origin somewhere there, maybe by taking
m at the nuclear site (delta-function) instead of averaging over the
Thompson-radius.

Good luck,

Martin

---