[Wien] lapw1 crash with SECLIT - Error in Cholesky

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Fri Oct 10 16:03:57 CEST 2014

I forgot that your case has no inversion symmetry -- you need to use "x
RMTCheck -c". Please send me that output so I can make educated guesses.

If you are using -it then increasing nband and emax can help. The iterative
methods use an expansion in terms of the previous eigensolutions, both
occupied and some unoccupied. If this expansion is not "adequate" I am
pretty certain one starts to get ghostbands and many other problems. (This
is more intuition and experience than any proper math.)

I do know that for MSR1a one can often improve things a little by using
more solutions, the speed cost is very minor so long and you do not use
extreme increases. I also prefer -noHinv, but that is my personal view not
a general suggestion.

else has thought"
Albert Szent-Gyorgi