[Wien] Calculation about the effect of external magnetic field

pieper pieper at ifp.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Sep 5 18:47:21 CEST 2014

Dear Yanli,

this is described in the user guide in the chapter on the programm 'orb'
(chapter 7.2 for Wien2k 12.1): The external field is accounted for by an
additional potential

V_Bext = mu_B Bext (l + 2s)

acting on the electron spin s and on the orbital momentum l. There is
also a commented example input file for NiO. Note that the additional
potential is applied only to the electrons you specify, and only within
the RMT. How the corresponding rearrangement of the bands affects E_F is
calculated in the SCF cycles.

Best regards,

Martin Pieper

---