[Wien] Orientation Sensitive ELNES spectra

Hajar Nejati hajar.nejatipoor at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 08:08:18 CEST 2015

Dear Wien2k users

 I am interested in calculating the ELNES spectrum for a crystaland I am faced with the following problems:

 1) For an"Orientation Sensitive" calculation, the Euler angles (alpha, beta,gamma) are required.

The crystal structure is described with respect to an Oxyz system.However it is not clear to me what this relative orientation corresponds towhen for example the input (alpha, beta, gamma)=(0,0,0) is used. How is the option (0,0,0) corresponded to the electron-beam parallel to the c-axis? 2) What should be the inputfor (alpha, beta, gamma) in order to have the electron beam along the x-axis ory-axis or particularly in the xy-plane?

 I searched the mailing list but I could not found a clearresponse.

All the best.

Hajar