[Wien] Orientation Sensitive ELNES spectra

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Mon Apr 6 22:30:07 CEST 2015

1) You might want to see K. Jorissen's PhD thesis [
http://www.wien2k.at/reg_user/textbooks/thesis_jorissen_telnes.pdf ].
It looks like he developed Telnes while studying graphene sheets, where
the c-axis was the z-axis. So the beam goes along the z-axis [
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg00306.html
].

2) I think the rotation matrices used for the Orientation Sensitive are
likely those given in SRC_telnes3/rotation.f.  It looks like the
rotation matrices are those of the zyz convention for the Euler angles [
http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/ccp/web-mirrors/klaus_eichele_software/klaus/nmr/conventions/euler/euler.html
].  If you set g2 (i.e., beta) as 90 degrees, it looks like the beam
will be incident on the xy-plane of the sample.