[Wien] U , J and effective U

Yundi Quan quanyundi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 23:38:35 CEST 2015

I think U should stay the same because U is the interaction parameter. The
correction to the total DFT energy due to the on-site repulsion is U\sum
n_{m\sigma} n_{m'\sigma'}-double counting, if I remember it correctly. So
even if we use the same U for both spin channels, the spin-up electron and
spin-down electron would still be under different effective field, i.e. the
intraatomic correlation are different for different spins. This is my
understanding, which may be incorrect.