[Wien] Geometry minimizer via PORT (min_lapw)

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Apr 29 20:30:12 CEST 2015

The only time to use PRATT in case.inm is to start mBJ (sometimes) and for
very special cases such as some isolated atoms. Otherwise it is a very,
very, very, very, very, very bad idea.

PORT will probably still work OK, but it is not certain. I give it a 50%
chance. Moving some of the atoms via MSR1a "breaks" some of the logical
within PORT, so could lead to problems. It will depend a lot upon many
details, so I cannot predict.

N.B., make sure that the way run_lapw (or runsp_lapw) is being run does not
have a "-min" in it, check what you used for the "-j" option.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
Northwestern University