[Wien] Geometry minimizer via PORT (min_lapw)

Mohammed Abujafar mabujafar at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 23:02:34 CEST 2015

Dear Prof. Laurence,
Thanks a lot for your nice clarification.Using MSR1a minimizer takes 25 days to finish the minimization for 100 atoms supercell. I added DRIFT as you mentioned at the bottom of the case.inm file and it works fine even computationally is so expensive.I am trying now to use the port minimizer and  is working fine with MSR1a in case.inm and even after switching to MSR1 in case.inm for 40 atoms supercell .The job is still running and it seems to me the forces on the atoms are decreasing smoothly.Using  NEW1 minimizer for optimizing the 100 atoms with MSR1a in case.inm was starting reasonably but after switching to MSR1 in case.inm it is running badly for ec ,cc and fc convergent.I got confused what to do!
With best regardsMohammed