[Wien] Control of very small fraction of atoms in alloy

Lyudmila Dobysheva lyuka17 at mail.ru
Thu Aug 13 11:09:04 CEST 2015

13.08.2015 06:46, Seongjae Cho пишет:
> So, a simple idea that struck me was it would be really good if there
> might be a way to put extrinsic atoms one by one
> into that already made supper cell having 100 or so basis atoms.

Yes, this is a right way. With large supercells you should check, with a
higher attention, a convergence of the calculation over calculational
parameters (Rkmax, N k-points), over the values you want to study.
Making calc parameters higher increases calculational time, so you
should find a compromise between accuracy and the time.
Best way is, first, to make a calcuation with lower parameters, then to
increase them, and so forth.
The accuracy, that you need to chose, depends strongly on your task.
There is a huge set of papers made under WIEN2k
http://www.wien2k.at/papers/index.html
You can find there studies that may be compared with your task.

Best wishes
   Lyudmila Dobysheva
Phys.-Techn. Institute of Ural Br. of Russian Ac. of Sci.
426001 Izhevsk, ul.Kirova 132
RUSSIA
Tel.:7(3412) 432045(office), 722529(Fax)
E-mail: lyu at ftiudm.ru, lyuka17 at mail.ru (office)
         lyuka17 at gmail.com (home)
Skype:  lyuka17 (home), lyuka18 (office)
http://ftiudm.ru/content/view/25/103/lang,english/